The renowned brand “Honeywell” brought you this smart thermostat to control your air conditioner, furnace temperature and fan speed settings. You can simply adjust the temperature for any time on a schedule with Honeywell t6 pro. This unit would automatically heat or cool down as per your liking enhancing the entire user experience of a thermostat.
Measuring 4-1/16 in. long x 4-1/16 in. wide x 1-3/32 in. deep (103.6 mm long x 103.6 mm wide x 28 mm deep), this is ideal for setting the house temperature whenever you are away or traveling. With its responsive and user-friendly touchscreen you would simply direct the main device. Being Wi-Fi-connected, this unit works pretty well.
The homeowner can do the setup and scheduling at the wall like other traditional thermostats. Otherwise, they can use the Honeywell Home app. This app would let you monitor and control it anytime & anywhere giving a total home comfort. Additionally, it has a seven day, 5-2, 5-1-1 and one-week programmable option or a nonprogrammable option allowing users to vary settings depending on their schedules.
The geophone technology allows the homeowners to adjust settings to save energy when away. Likewise, the thermostat has single app control and you can also integrate it with some third party devices likes Amazon echo and smart home hub.
Some of the additional features of this thermostat include automatic updates for daylight savings, auto change from heat to cool and vice versa, and similarly, the internet time sync keeps track of time in case of power failure.
Honeywell Lyric T6 Pro Wifi Setup:
For setting up for your Honeywell, you need a smartphone or tablet, or Wi-Fi password and your instructional manual to follow. Download the lyric app and create your account.
- You have to locate the thermostat. In this case, you are going to click on the lyric t6 pro. Then a question will appear asking if the thermostat is on the wall. The answer would be yes. Click on the yes option. The second thing it asks is it displaying temperature, click on yes again.
- Then go to your thermostat, click on the temperature. Press and hold for five seconds. The display will change.
- Press next and it will start finding the thermostat and tries to pair up.
- Locate the thermostat Wi-Fi network name and you will get the network name on the thermostat
- Next, it will ask you to go into your phone settings. Go to your phone settings into the Wi-Fi, select your device it will begin to join.
- Right after a few minutes the thermostat in your phone will connect the Wi-Fi. Connect it to the thermostat. Go ahead and click on next.
- A four-digit pin will appear on the thermostat. Go ahead and type it in your phone. Choose the location where you have installed the device let’s say home.
- Get to name your thermostat from the options or you can also get your own custom name.
- Then press lyric, it will register the device. Go ahead and finish up.
- You can then enable the geofence or skip this option. The geofencing uses your phone & tracks your location. You can set your virtual boundary. This turns off your heating when you get out of the boundary and turns it on when you get back in the set boundary. This will help save money and get a pleasant temperature that you need.
- You then get connected and can then control your thermostat from your phone. You can set it up from across the home or country.
Pros and Cons of Honeywell Lyric T6 Pro WiFi Programmable Thermostat
The Honeywell pro thermostat has few pros and cons like every other product. Let have a look at them:
Features and Performance of Honeywell T6 Pro th6220wf2006
Well, the Honeywell thermostat features three heating modes i.e. home, away, and sleep. These are three different heating modes for different times i.e. you can have one at when you are home, the other when away and similarly, the sleep mode when you go to sleep.
Furthermore, the schedule mode allows you to set various temperatures at different times in a day. This lets you set a full 7-day schedule, a 5-2 schedule, or 5-1-1 schedule and lastly different schedules for each single day. This adds to the flexibility of the device. Other than the schedule or geofenced settings, the user can manually control the home temperature using the app or the thermostat itself.
Additionally, the Honeywell lyric t6 pro is compatible with Amazon Alexa and google home that permits you to control the heat with your voice.
1. Which is the best Honeywell thermostat?
However deciding on which is the best Honeywell thermostat depends on what sort of thermostat you actually want. Keeping the budget in mind, the Honeywell RTH111B1016/E1 Digital Non-Programmable Thermostat is one of the best thermostats of 2002. Likewise, the Honeywell Wi-Fi Programmable Touchscreen Thermostat is an overall great thermostat.
Additionally, the Nest 3rd Generation Smart Learning Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat is the best smart thermostat and the Honeywell 7-Day Programmable Touchscreen Thermostat is a great programmable unit. Moreover, the Honeywell TH6320R1004 Wireless Focus Pro Thermostat is the best wireless one. Nest Thermostat E Smart Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat is ideal for saving energy. Emerson Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Thermostat is an ideal touchscreen thermostat, and finally the Honeywell TH3110D1008 Pro Non-Programmable Digital Thermostat is all if you want the best digital thermostat.
2. How do I unlock my Honeywell t6 Pro?
Unlocking your Honeywell t6 pro is pretty easy, you simply need to push the center button right below. The buttons say unlock and it is going to come up to the screen and you need to put the four-digit code in. for example, 1234, use the up and down arrows to get to the numbers you need. Once you entered the number, hit select and that will unlock your screen.
3. Can Honeywell thermostat be locked?
If you want to lock your Honeywell t6 pro, you need to go to your menu which is the middle button. Go to right arrow until it says lock. Hit select and then you will turn it on.
4. How do I change the password on my Honeywell t6 Pro
It follows the simple steps to do it. Press the menu button of the thermostat and press on security settings. Then, you will have to select the change lock mode to adjust the lock settings. Click on the create password option and finally enter the four-digit password.
Final Thoughts about Honeywell t6 Pro Smart Thermostat Review
Well, Honeywell t6 pro being a programmable thermostat allows great flexibility and comes with a lot of features. It is smart in its operation, has various schedules and modes, and comes with a sleek design that makes it fascinating. The unit actually is a great piece with proper Wi-Fi connectivity and would make a great addition to your smart home.